Athletes who participate in the summer program make great advances in building their skills, learning plays, and getting “in shape” for their season. The summer sports program is a vital part of the tryout procedure.
ATTENTION INCOMING FRESHMEN: You must be completely graduated from 8th grade (including all promotion activities, etc. in order to participate in a summer sport). Please join your summer program as soon as you have completed all 8th grade end of the year requirements/activities with your current school.
The volleyball summer program conducts tryouts to create a summer team that participates in a summer league. These tryouts are ONLY for the summer team. Participating on a summer team does not guarantee placement on the 2018–2019 school team.
Tryouts for the school team will be announced on our website at a later date. Tryouts are open to all eligible students.
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PROCEDURES
In order for a student to participate in a sport, students must complete and submit the Athletic Clearance Forms available after June 1.
Athletic Clearance Forms completed during the summer are valid for the 2018-2019 school year.
The following Athletic Clearance Forms are to be submitted online at www.stlucys.com, under the Athletics section:
1. Treatment & Liability Form
2. Medical History Form
3. Emergency Contact Information
4. Concussion Information Form
5. Cardiac Arrest Information Form
6. Athletic Clearance Form
7. Parent/Student Contract
8. CIF Code of Ethics Contract
9. On & Off Campus Athletic Facilities
10. Review and acknowledgment of the 2018-2019 online Parent Meeting
The following forms must be downloaded and hardcopies must be mailed or delivered to the Athletic Office, ATTN: Becca Lohrenz, with original signatures by the deadline.
1. Physical Exam (MD and DO only) & Clearance
(Signed and stamped by the doctor after June 1, 2018; good for one year)
2. Student Transportation & Liability Form
3. Confirmation message - Consent to participate
4. Athletic Trainer Consent Forms (2)