Online Athletic Clearance
The following is a list of sports teams St. Lucy's fields during the school year:
|Fall:||Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Winter:||Basketball, Soccer, Water Polo|
|Spring:||Softball, Swim & Dive, Track and Field|
|All clearance forms must be submitted prior to participating in any summer, pre-season conditioning, or during season of sport.|
As a reminder, your athletic clearance forms are good for one school year and your physical is good for one year based on the date of your physical exam.
Athletic Fee: During the school year, each athlete is assessed a $150 Athletic Fee and is asked to participate in a fundraiser put on by each sport. This helps to defray the cost of expenses such as officials, tournaments, facilities rentals, sport specific equipment and buses. In addition, the purchasing of uniforms and individual equipment will be the student’s responsibility.
Mandatory Parent Meetings: 1) Online Mandatory Parent Seminar: Before your daughter can be cleared to participate in athletics, at least one parent must read the Athletic Department's mandatory parent powerpoint presented by the Athletic Department. Access to the powerpoint is obtained when completing the online athletic clearance forms from www.athleticclearance.com (see signature page). 2) In person pre-season coaches meeting: Every sport will have a pre-season parent meeting conducted by the coaches that at least one parent must attend.
Athletics Clearance Procedures
In order for a student to participate in a sport, students must complete and submit the Athletic Clearance Forms.
Athletic Clearance Forms completed during the summer are valid for the 2019-2020 school year.
St. Lucy's has teamed up with Home Campus to provide a new online athletic clearance process. Please follow the instructions below:
- Visit www.AthleticClearance.com
- Watch quick tutorial video
- Register. Parents register with valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a code for verification purposes. If this step is skipped your account will not activate.
- Select “New Clearance” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for. Choose Sport.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Educational History, Medical History, Signature Forms, & Mandatory Parent Online Seminar.
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
- Please be sure to download and complete the Transportation & Liability Form and choose as many transportation options you are comfortable with your daughter utilizing.
- Print and sign the Athletic Trainer Consent Forms (2)
- Print and sign the Consent to Participate Form
- Download the Physical Exam and Clearance Form, to be completed and signed by your doctor (MD or DO)
- If you would like to register for additional sports/activities you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
- All of this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
In order for the Athletic Department to finalize your daughter’s athletic clearance, the following must be completed:
a.) Completion of online athletic clearance forms
b.) Download, complete, and return the following documents to the Athletic Department (none of these documents should be taken to the coach):
a.) Physical Exam & Clearance - completed, signed & stamped by your physician. Original copy only.
b.) Transportation & Liability Form
c.) Consent to Participate Form
d.) Athletic Trainer Consent Forms (2)