Tri-School Bus System FAQs
1. What if the bus is running late?
There are various reasons why buses will occasionally run behind schedule, from traffic congestion to an unforeseen breakdown, etc. In the event of any delay of 15 minutes or more, please contact Bus Dispatch at (909) 899-1809. They will contact the bus driver to ascertain an estimated time of arrival and reassure you of your child's safety.
2. Damien, PC and St. Lucy’s can have varying schedules on certain days. How does that work if they are sharing the same buses?
If one school has a 12:30 p.m. dismissal and the others do not, the buses will do a double-run to accommodate the students that get out early. Drivers will inform riders when these situations occur.
However, there are a few days a month that St. Lucy’s gets out at 1:25 p.m. On these days, the bus will pick the girls up at St. Lucy’s at 2:20 p.m. Students may use that extra time to catch up on homework, etc. and they are welcome to use Room 102. All students must make their way down to the bus stop by 2:00 p.m.
3. Will my son/daughter be marked tardy if the bus is late arriving to school?
No. That is an excused tardy.
4. What if my son/daughter loses his/her bus pass? Why does he/she need it?
There is a $10 replacement fee for a new bus pass. He/she needs to see someone in the main office of their school to order a new pass and request a temporary pass in the meantime. In order to enter the bus, a student must show the driver his/her bus pass to ensure that they are a registered rider.
5. How many passengers can the buses hold?
Each bus will accommodate 78-84 passengers if 3 to a seat or 52-56 passengers if 2 to a seat.
6. I left an item on the bus, how do I get it back?
If a personal item was mistakenly left behind on the bus, call Bus Dispatch at (909) 899-1809. The bus driver will be contacted to make arrangements for the safe recovery of the item.
7. Who do I contact if I have any questions about the status of my account or if I want to cancel?
If your son attends Damien, you may contact Tina Gonzales at (909) 596-1946 ext. 867, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your daughter attends St. Lucy's, you may contact Teresa Tancredi at (626) 335-3322 ext. 2, or email her at email@example.com.
If your daughter attends Pomona Catholic, you may contact Lucinda Meave at (909) 623-5297 ext. 22, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to give the school 30 days written notice if you wish to cancel. You must also return the bus pass to the front office.
8. My son and daughter both attend Damien and St. Lucy's/PC, Do you offer a family discount?
No, we do not offer a family discount. The rates are the same for all students.
9. If the bus service is cancelled for the day, how will I be notified?
Your son/daughter will be notified at school and/or by the bus drivers.